This website (‘the Site’) is operated by Simplexity Travel Management Limited.
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
WHO WE ARE
Simplexity Travel Management Limited whose registered address is 5th Floor, 3 Hanover Square, Mayfair, London, W1S 1HD and Registered number 07849358 (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as name; date of birth; gender; job title; profession; your contact information including your email addresses and telephone numbers; demographic information such as post code; information about your personal interests and preferences; financial information such as your credit / debit card numbers; your IP address ( this will be collected automatically by us ); the specific content of the enquiry you submit) when you register with us, contact us, complete any surveys or participate in any competitions through the Site or otherwise post or submit any material to, or through, the Site.
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide our services to you.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data (including sensitive personal information);
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
Sensitive personal information
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal information, where this is required in order to provide our services to you and/or to allow you to undertake any travel that you have booked with us. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Sensitive personal information includes information relating to:
- your ethnic origin
- your political opinions
- your religious beliefs
- whether you belong to a trade union
- your physical or mental health or condition
- your sexual life, and
- whether you have committed a criminal offence
We will only collect your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process any booking you make through us;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see ‘Marketing’ section below;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- do a credit check—see ‘Credit checking’ section below;
- notify you of any changes to the Site or to our services that may affect you;
- carry out security vetting; and
- improve our services.
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call about our services, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you submit an enquiry through the ‘Contact Us’ page of the Site, enter any competition through the Site or set up an account with us.
If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, you can opt out at any time. See ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
We may do a credit check on you:
- so that we can make credit decisions about you, and
- to prevent and detect fraud and money laundering
Our search will be recorded on the files of the credit reference agency.
We may also disclose information about how you conduct your account to credit reference agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked.
Other credit businesses may use your information to:
- make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated
- trace debtors, and
- prevent and detect fraud and money laundering
If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
WHO YOUR INFORMATION MIGHT BE SHARED WITH
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our agents and service providers;
- any third party that is to provide any aspect of the services and travel options that you have booked through us;
- any law enforcement agency or other authority that requires your personal data in order to permit you to enjoy any aspect of the services or travel options you have booked through us;
- credit reference agents—see ‘Credit checking’ above; and
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
We will apply appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- sensitive data relating to you is encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us?’ below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data to countries located outside the European Union, for the purpose of permitting you to enjoy any aspect of the services or travel options you have booked through us, especially if you are visiting any country outside of the EU or have booked any service through us with a third party provider that is located outside of the EU. You agree that we may transfer your personal data to countries located outside the European Union, for the purpose of permitting you to enjoy any aspect of the services or travel options you have booked through us. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
- Click here, email or call us (see ‘How to contact us?’ below)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- Click here,email or call us (see ‘How to contact us?’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you, and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How to contact us?’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any marketing email, and
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 5th Floor, 3 Hanover Square, Mayfair, London, W1S 1HD or call us on 0203 535 9290.