How to Take Your Studio on a Digital Detox
Help your team maintain their edge and promote mental wellbeing at the same time, by taking your studio on a Digital Detox.
The concept of Digital Detoxes is something that more and more businesses are looking at, as technology becomes an ever-greater part of our lives both at home and at work. Digital industries are among the most competitive and fast-paced in the world, but while that leads to opportunities, it also brings with it demands on time that can lead to stress and burnout.
To keep your team happy, healthy and motivated, helping them to switch off and relax makes good sense.
If you’ve just wrapped your latest game, then now is the perfect time to get away from it all for a few days.
Why take a Digital Detox?
Reasons you might want to consider a digital detox getaway include:
- Improving mental health and reducing stress
- Improving relationships between team members
- Improving the work/ life balance
- Developing new skills
- Helping to break unhealthy work habits like being ‘always on’
- Taking a fresh look at business issues
…and the benefits can include a better work environment, lower rates of staff turnover, higher productivity – and happier people!
How Simplexity Travel Managers help with Your Digital Detox
Putting together corporate travel arrangements, especially for large numbers of people, can be a time-consuming and stressful task.
Our expert Travel Managers are highly experienced in arranging every aspect of corporate travel, from accommodation and transport bookings, catering and meeting space hire, to safe transit of vital equipment. Many of the biggest names in business choose to place their trust in us, because we know what’s important, and we have the resources to cope with any requirements.
Whether you’re a small design studio, or a leading software developer with hundreds of staff, we offer flexible, scalable end-to-end services and support, along with 24/7 problem-solving and a talent for identifying issues before they arise.
As London’s foremost boutique corporate travel management company, our team has over 50 years of combined experience. Our professional Travel Managers work closely with you, learning how your company operates and about your needs. We drive efficiency and value at every step.
Getting there and back
We maintain an unrivalled network of connections with prestigious and reliable suppliers, ensuring that wherever you’re going, and however you plan to get there, we can organise the arrangements to save you hassle. Plus, as we can access rates and discounts that could end up saving you a lot of money, it can be very helpful when you’ve got a tight budget.
A digital detox is, understandably, best organised away from the office. We can provide you with a selection of destinations based on your budget and requirements, in the UK, Europe and further afield. So, whether you’re looking for coastal base to play some beach games, a mountain retreat or something a little adventurous, we can give you plenty of inspiration.
Our professional Travel Managers can organise hotel bookings for you around the world, often securing excellent rates. Perhaps you’re looking for trendy loft-style apartments in a buzzing city destination, or a luxurious stately home with a spa. Just let us know how you imagine your perfect digital detox unfolding and we’ll do the rest.
A digital detox can take many forms, but many of our clients prefer to keep the schedule fairly loose, with a structure of team-based activities to hang it on. We can put together a suggested list of activities and excursions based on where you’re staying, bring in third-parties to organise things if required, and also arrange evening entertainments, meals and a host of little extras.
Digital Detox Ideas
- Spa Days – At the luxurious Lifehouse Spa in Frinton-on-Sea you’re immersed in a tech-free environment – escaping work stresses isn’t just easy, it’s mandatory.
- Wilderness Escapes – Book a stay at the Algonquin Eco Lodge near Toronto and you’ll find staying in touch with work is next-to-impossible. The lodge is so remote that there’s no internet or phone lines, and mobile phone coverage is patchy to say the least!
- Beach Breaks with a Conscience – The Rancho Esperanza in Nicaragua is a backpackers’ hostel with a conscience. Guests can get involved in a variety of projects that help the local community. Then once they’re done working for the day, they can surf the waves, ride horses, or even hike up a volcano.
Contact our Travel Managers now on 0203 5359290 to discuss your Digital Detox ideas, and how we can bring them to life.