American Airlines to Invest $1.6 Billion at Los Angeles International
American Airlines have revealed plans to invest $1.6 billion during the next 15 years to improve terminals 4 and 5 at Los Angeles International Airport.
The carrier published a letter of intent to set the agenda for negotiating a new 15-year lease featuring a range of airport improvements including:
- The unification of passenger check-in and baggage claim areas
- The improvement of check-in facilities at T5
- A new “vertical circulation core” connecting to the landside Automated People Movers (APM) rail system
- The centralisation of the T4 and T5 security screening checkpoint at the APM level
- The connection of T4 and T5 both landside and airside, including an above-ground connection from the T4/BIT Connector to T5 airside
“This investment will not only improve the customer experience, but it will also give our employees a better place to work every day while allowing us to continue to grow in the marketplace,” said Doug Parker, CEO and chairman of American Airlines.
If you want to book a flight with American Airlines, give us a call on 0203 535 9290 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.